Assistance League - Topfer Family Foundation
Purpose: To assist students enrolled in an Applied Science program at Austin Community College.
• 2.5 GPA in high school or college or submit a GED.
• Minimum of 12 college credit hours.
• Register in an Applied Science certificate or degree program at ACC.
• Financial need (as determined by ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Accept a mentor from Assistance League® of Austin.
2. Scholarship will apply to tuition, fees, and books up to the designated amount.
3. Submit degree plan.
4. Enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of six hours on degree plan with a 2.5 GPA each semester while on scholarship.
5. Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
6. A student may re-take a course one time while on scholarship. The scholarship will not pay for any course a student enrolls in three or more times.
7. If student is awaiting acceptance to an Applied Sciences program and has completed the required pre-requisite courses, the student may take courses applicable to a baccalaureate degree with the following conditions:
a. Student must provide degree plan from intended college or university to ensure the coursework is applicable for their desired 4 year degree.
b. Student may take up to two semesters of coursework toward a baccalaureate degree while waiting admission to an ACC Applied Science program. Student will not receive scholarship funds for more than two semesters of coursework not on their ACC degree plan.