STARTREC (South Texas Agricultural Roadmap for Teaching, Research, Experiential Learning, and Careers in Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resources) USDA NIFA Scholarship
This scholarship is supported by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture National Institute of Food and Agriculture. It is funded under the Hispanic Serving Institutions Education Grants Program, so students of Latin decent and other minority groups are given preference. This scholarship is to provide student financial support while working towards an
Associate Degree in Agriculture Science with plans to continue to either the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley or Texas State University to earn a bachelor’s degree in the Food,
Agriculture, or Natural Resources (FANR) fields.
- Students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in the Agricultural Sciences Program pursuing an Associate of Science in Agriculture Science.
- Students must be planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the area of Food, Agriculture, or Natural Resources at either the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley or Texas State University after graduation from ACC.
- Students must submit two professional letters of recommendation. These letters MUST be from an instructor, counselor, community member, or employer. Letters of reference from a classmate/friend/parent are not acceptable. Letters should be signed and with company or organization letterhead. Please ask reference to email the letter directly to Savannah Rugg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must submit a personal statement describing their interest in the program, future goals in the Agriculture Industry, and why they should be selected for the scholarship. Please send personal statement directly to Savannah Rugg at email@example.com
Terms of Scholarship:
- Multiple scholarships will be funded at $1000 per full-time semester for four semesters per recipient.
- Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, or books.
- Must meet with Agricultural Sciences Department Chair at least once during the semester to check in on program progress and to plan for future courses.
- Scholarship may be renewable for additional semesters based on successful completion of prior semester with at least a 3.0 GPA and merit.
Questions? Contact Savannah Rugg at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a non-ACC Foundation Scholarship