ACC Counseling Services Scholarship
Purpose: In honor of Austin Community College District counselors, this scholarship recognizes students who seek professional guidance in achieving their educational goals.
• Students who have completed two or more semesters at ACC with a cumulative 2.5 GPA and 75% completion rate. Students who do not have the required cumulative GPA or completion rate, but who meet that standard for each of the last two semesters are eligible for this award.
• Received high school diploma or GED prior to entering ACC.
• Written recommendation and approved degree audit from at least one ACC counselor. If undecided, may submit counselor recommended plan, such as Core Curriculum courses.
• Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); information can be obtained in the Financial Aid Office. If you cannot submit this application, please explain the circumstances in your essay.
• Submit an essay of 300 words or more explaining educational and career goals, and how you have effectively reached out to others for guidance.
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Successfully complete at least six hours each semester while on scholarship and earn a semester GPA of 2.5 and completion rate of 75%.
2. Re-application necessary each year.
3. Meet with an ACC Counselor at least twice per semester while on scholarship.
4. Scholarship must be used within one academic year.