American Sign Language & Interpreter Training Program Scholarship (Dept)
Purpose: To assist students enrolled in the Interpreter Preparation Program at ACC.
• Enrolled in Associate of Applied Science degree in the Interpreter Preparation Program at ACC.
• Completion of a minimum of 15 hours credit coursework at ACC with a minimum GPA of 3.0 including SLNG 2401 with a grade of B or better.
• Submit a 2-minute long video presentation in ASL addressing why you have chosen to enter the field of interpreting. Contact Fallon Brizendine (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
• Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Enroll in at least nine hours while on scholarship and earn a minimum semester GPA of 3.0.
2. Enroll in at least one interpreting course while on scholarship.
3. Scholarship must be used within the academic year it was awarded.