Education Instruction Department Scholarship
Purpose: To provide assistance to students in the ACC Education Instruction Program based on scholastic merit and a passion for teaching.
• Minimum 3.00 GPA in all college work.
• May only be used by students planning to enter the teaching field through the Austin Community College Associate of Arts in Teaching program.
• Successfully completed EDUC 1301 with a “C” or better.
• Essay should address why you have chosen a career in education.
• Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
• Possible interview with members of the Education Instruction Department faculty.
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Successfully complete a minimum of six hours each semester with a 3.00 GPA.
2. Scholarship applies to tuition, fees and books.
3. Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
4. Re-application necessary each academic year.