Hindu Charities for America Scholarship - Fall
Purpose: To assist students with financial need who are enrolled in an Applied Science program at Austin Community College.
• Minimum 2.5 college GPA
• Demonstrate involvement in community service and/or extra-curricular activities.
• Submit two letters of recommendation – one from a current professor and one from an employer, another professor or community leader where student has done community service.
• Completed minimum of 30 hours of college credit at ACC or in their last semester of coursework.
• U.S. Citizen or legal non-resident.
• Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA. Information can be obtained in the Financial Aid Office 512-223-4AID.
• Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
1. May be used for any program at ACC that leads to a certificate or associate degree in an Applied Science program.
2. Successfully complete a minimum of six hours during the semester on scholarship.
3. Scholarship applies to tuition and fees.
4. Scholarship must be used within the semester awarded.
5. Each scholarship will be awarded in honor of a donor (individual or couple) with names provided by Hindu Charities for America.
6. Thank you letter from scholarship recipient will be addressed to donor as noted in #5. If donor not listed, thank you letter will be addressed to Hindu Charities for America.